- 7C: Leo for being proactive in selling additional raffle tickets.
- 8B: Dani for good citizenship whilst doing cross country.
- 9L: Scarlett for coming 2nd in the British Junior Classical Championships and 4th in the British Ballroom and Latin Championship.
- 9L: George for voluntarily helping to put down the exam desks.
- 9W: Rebecca for a great attitude in GCSE P.E.
- Fay from 9L & Layla from 9C for raising issues on the bus and being supportive of other pupils.
- Becky from 10B & Anabel from 10L for excellent drive and determination to achieve.
- Y7 & Y8 Kids Lit Quiz teams for a fantastic effort, great team work. They were also very well-mannered and so enthusiastic. A delight!
- U16 Badminton team for coming 2nd in the inter-schools competition.
Welcome to Bowland High
See our Careers Newsletter for November 2016.
December 2016 More
U16 Badminton Tournament
Congratulations to both the girls' and boys' teams for playing on behalf of Bowland on 30th November 2016.
Bowland High PTFA is a group of parents, teachers and friends whose main purpose is to help raise funds for our children at school.
GCSE 2016 Success
Record number of pupils achieving 5 A*-C grades including English and maths – 78%, Progress 8 measure score: +0.56.
Funds for Bowland
Chip eaters provide funds for Bowland High! The local inn, The Spread Eagle at Sawley, has a great initiative to support local schools.
Planned Trips for 2016 / 2017
At Bowland we place a great deal of value on educational visits and have a long tradition of organising a wide variety of trips.
See All Destinations
Our First Ever Quin Millionaire!
Congratulations to Bethany our 1st Multi, Tri, Quad and Quin Millionaire! We have never ever had a 5 millionaire reader which is super outstanding!
Prom Night 2016
On Wednesday 29th June, we held our annual Prom Night. As last year, we held it in Mitton Hall.
Visit to the Palace
Mr Tarbox and Mr Spencer attended the Duke of Edinburgh Award 60th anniversary celebrations at Buckingham Palace on 16th May.
Options Information 2016
Reception staff log and store any lost property that is handed to them. Pupils are notified to collect these items via the internal messaging system on a weekly basis.